Sunday, May 15, 2011

The iPod Shufflings: Part 2

Well, this is part two of the iPod Shufflings.  I better let all of you know that my laptop is fried.  It needs a new hard drive, which I can't afford.  So posts are going to be even fewer.  Right now, I am on my mother's computer and I won't be able to come online very often so whenever I am online I will post.  So anyway, let us commence with the shuffling.  

So, in "The iPod Shufflings" I will press shuffle on my iPod and will write a review on the first ten songs.  I have all different genres of music on my iPod including a few classical and several Latin songs. 

I will rate the songs from 1 to 5.  

5 music notes: Yelling the lyrics on the street at the top of your lungs!
4 music notes: Singing to yourself quietly on the street.
3 music notes: Worth listening to a few times, but not over and over again.
2 music notes: Good at first, but became annoying.
1 music note:   Not good at all.

The Shuffling

1.) Mona Lisa by The Nat King Cole Trio (From the album: Nat King Cole)
This song is one of my favorites by Nat King Cole.  It has a very uplifting instrumental accompaniment.  Sometimes, my father sings this song and I can't help in joining in.  It is not my favorite song but the lyrics are very meaningful. 

3 music notes * * *  

2.) The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson (From the album: Number Ones.)

This song has a real beat to it and it is definitely the Michael Jackson we all knew and loved.  I can tell that he really means what he is saying.  You hear the signature shriek in the background which reminds me of  many other Michael Jackson songs.

3 music notes * * *

3.) Hold Me Tight by the Beatles (From the album: Meet the Beatles!)

When I was little, I listened to the Beatles all the time.  I sang there songs all the time.  There was this restaurant down the street from me and had a pianist there taking requests.  I always asked for the Beatles and he gladly obliged.  There singing is singing which you don't hear on the radio anymore.  They are considered legends in the music business.    

3 music notes * * *

4.) Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble (From the album: Crazy Love)

Whenever I hear this song, I have to sing.  This song talks about how he has been through many relationships and he is trying to find the right girl for him.  This is a great song and doesn't do what a lot of songs do today.  Have the same lyrics repeating over and over again.  Bravo Michael!

4 music notes * * * *

5.) Stephen by Ke$ha (From the album: Animal)

Ke$ha said in an interview that she actually dated a guy named Stephen and she was slightly obsessed with him.  This is shown in the song and in the music video.  This song is very catchy and she actually sings in this song.  My only complaint is that there are too many unnecessary sound effects.  On the whole, this is an okay song.  

4 music notes * * * *

6.) Sleepwalker by Adam Lambert (From the album: For Your Entertainment)

Adam Lambert has always impressed me.  He can sing really well.  A lot of people have let this get past them just because he's gay.  Just put that aside and think about the lyrics.  If it comes back then just imagine he's singing about a girl.  The point I'm making is that he is a great singer and the lyrics are wonderfully written.  He puts a lot of old singing techniques in his songs.  One of which is actually singing!  Great job Adam!

4 music notes * * * *

7.) Little House by the Fray (From the album: How to Save a Life)

I love the music in this song it really grabs me.  The lyrics really show what that they mean what they are saying.  I think they are talking about a girl who is very depressed and she doesn't know what to do anymore.  She is trying to open up and tell someone about what she has been hiding. 

3 music notes * * *

8.) Bad Romance by Lady Gaga (From the album: The Fame Monster)

This, in my opinion is one of Lady Gaga's most popular songs.  I sing it with my friends and dance to it all the time.  I know the lyrics by heart and will sing it anywhere at any time. 

5 music notes * * * * *

9.) Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell 'Em (From the album souljaboytellem.com)

This is a song that I dance with my friends all the time.  Whenever I hear this song, I can't help but dance.  I don't really sing it though.  It is better to hear this song a few times, not all the time.

2 music notes * *

10.) Bicycle Race by Queen (From the album: Queen: Greatest Hits)

This song drives one of my friends crazy because it's constantly saying, "I want to ride my bicycle."  I do agree the song can get a little annoying after a little bit of time. 

2 music notes * *

No comments:

Post a Comment