Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The iPod Shufflings: Part 3

We have come to part 3 of the iPod Shufflings.  I will be going to Chicago in a few weeks so when I am there I will have plenty of time to write on the blog.  I will let you know about where I visit and where you should go!   

So, in "The iPod Shufflings" I will press shuffle on my iPod and will write a review on the first ten songs.  I have all different genres of music on my iPod including a few classical and several Latin songs. 


I will rate the songs from 1 to 5.  

5 music notes: Yelling the lyrics on the street at the top of your lungs!
4 music notes: Singing to yourself quietly on the street.
3 music notes: Worth listening to a few times, but not over and over again.
2 music notes: Good at first, but became annoying.
1 music note:   Not good at all.

The Shuffling 

1.) I Can't Stop Loving You by Michael Jackson (From the album: Number Ones)

This song has extremely meaningful lyrics and makes me feel very happy.  Everyone misses MJ and this song is a perfect example of how we feel towards him.  We Can't Stop Loving Him.

3 music notes ***

2.) Higher by Taio Cruz and Travie McCoy (Single)

Something 'bout this beat has got me hooked.  I can't get enough!  A very noticeable beat and lyrics you learn quickly so that you can sing it with your friends.  A song that has been a favorite on my iPod for a long time now.  

4 music notes ****

3.) Vanilla Twilight by Owl City (From the album: Ocean Eyes)

A lighthearted love song which makes me ponder.  Yes, ponder.  It makes me think about the lyrics and immerse myself in the melody.  The piano in the background makes me envious that I cannot play that well.  It is hard for me to describe the music video to this song because I can't find the words to describe it.  The word that comes to mind is: inspirational.  It has a very gentle, subdued, feel to it which makes me love this song.
4 music notes ****

4.) She Wolf by Shakira (Single)

She Wolf is a song one of my friends and I sing all the time.  It talks about a girl who is looking for a guy to love and Shakira describes her as  a she wolf because she is hunting down her "prey."  I don't understand the heavy breathing in this song at all.  Very...ummm...different???  In the music video her dancing is very strange and slightly spastic.  I still love the concept of the song and her singing.  

3 music notes ***

5.) 1983 by Neon Trees (Single)

I love this song!  It is not too repetitive and the music is amazing.  I wish that I could meet Neon Trees because they have never disappointed me with their songs.  This is one of the few songs that isn't auto-tuned and is actually real singing.  You have read this line in previous posts before.  

5 music notes *****

6.) Minority by Green Day (From the album: International Superhits)

I love the guitar playing in this song.  This song really represents what we feel.  Green Day is also sending the message of being yourself and not wanting to go with the crowd.  Not many people chose to go against the flow so there is a minority of people doing that.  So, I want to be a minority!

5 music notes *****

7.) Don't Wanna Go Home by Jason Derulo (Single)

This is a great song to dance to.  I love this song so much because you just want to get up and dance when you listen to it.  I usually don't like it when people take old songs and incorporate them in new songs but this one actually works. 

5 music notes *****

8.) Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae

The lyrics in this song are very different.  It talks about there being a crazy party "tonight, tonight" after a hard week of work.  This is the perfect song to listen to during a party because "tonight, tonight, there's a party on the rooftop tonight, tonight, and we're dancin' on the edge of a Hollywood sign."

3 music notes ***

9.) Black or White by Michael Jackson (From the album: Number Ones)

And I Told About Equality
An It's True
Either You're Wrong
Or You're Right.  

4 music notes ****

10.) Dinosaur by Ke$ha (From the album: Animal)

I wouldn't listen to this song all the time because frankly, I know how to spell dinosaur.  Also, why would you write a song about how old men stare at girls.  I have to give credit though to the originality.  


2 music notes **

No comments:

Post a Comment