Friday, December 23, 2011

iPod Shufflings: Part Five

Hey everyone!  I'm really sorry about not writing on the blog!  I've been doing the whole "high-school-experience."  Well sort-of.  I'm on winter break now, so maybe I will tell you funny high school stories.  For now, let's  begin the shufflings! 

So, in "The iPod Shufflings" I will press shuffle on my iPod and will write a review on the first ten songs.  I have all different genres of music on my iPod including a few classical and several Latin songs. 

I will rate the songs from 1 to 5.  

5 music notes: Yelling the lyrics on the street at the top of your lungs!
4 music notes: Singing to yourself quietly on the street.
3 music notes: Worth listening to a few times, but not over and over again.
2 music notes: Good at first, but became annoying.
1 music note:   Not good at all.

1.) Don't Bother Me by the Beatles


When I was little I yelled the Beatles at the top of my lungs!  I love their songs so much.  It's impossible for me to not like this song or any of their other songs.  

5 music notes *****

2.) The Music of The Night (from the Phantom of the Opera) sung by Michael Crawford
                                            

This was from the first Broadway production of the Phantom of the Opera.  Michael Crawford gives a ghostly facade to the song which gives me goosebumps.  The musicians are taking their time with song and you can feel the emotions rolling off the crescendos.  It's a beautiful piece and it worth being applauded.  

4 music notes ****

3.) Vienna by The Fray
 
The song gradually leads up to a melody of flowing drifting chords.  The lead singer, Isaac Slade has a great deep melancholy voice which transcends into a song which I believe is about a couple who have left each other and he doesn't know if he has actually left the relationship.  He hopes that they may still be friends in a few years.  The song is a touching melody with several instruments layering to create a beautiful song.  The song may be a metaphor for something else.  I did a Google search on the meaning of this song and on one website someone said it could be a metaphor for death.  

4 music notes ****

4.)  Monster by Lady Gaga

This is a classic Lady Gaga song with the synthesizer and electronic percussion.  This song is about a destroyed relationship and every time Gaga sees him or hears about him walking around town, she tells her friends, "That boy is a monster."  

4 music notes ****

5.) She Wolf by Shakira

This song is about a girl who everyone thinks is a very quiet girl, but she is actually a wolf and she as fierce as a she wolf when she is at the clubs and at parties.  She goes hunting for the boys at the night clubs.  She could also be telling girls to let out their inner She Wolves.  "There is a she wolf in your closet.  Let it out so if can breathe."  

3 music notes ***

6.) All the Right Moves by OneRepublic



This eclectic style of sound is powerful and charming at the same time, sending the listener into almost a steampunk style of music.  This song to me is about a guy trying to measure up to someone else, and prove that they are worth being with compared to the other guy.  I love this song a lot and it sweeps me away to a place where I can disappear and listen.

5 music notes *****

7.)  Vanilla Twilight by Owl City




This is a very smooth electronic piece.  It's about someone wishing that they could fix the past, because they miss the one they love.  It's beautifully done and it inspires me to do things I never thought were possible.  

4 music notes ****

8.) Hotel California by the Eagles



I would hear this song on the radio a lot when I was younger.  No one could ever cover this song because it is the Eagles and it can never be anyone else.  This song is about the living in California and what it's like to live the high life.  Everyone who lives there are "prisoners of their own device." They are stuck there because of what they have done in their lives and of their own cause.  The guitar solo on this song is smooth and awesome.  Definitely in my top songs list.  

5 music notes *****

9.) American Idiot by Green Day



This song is about what America really is like.  It's a song of rebellion and strength.  It talks about how materialism is constantly shoved in our face and we are always being told what to do by someone in the government.  They are pushing individuality and that certain things should not be controlled by the government.  "...We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
For that's enough to argue.  Don't want to be an American idiot.  One nation controlled by the media.  Information age of hysteria.  It's calling out to idiot America..."  This is a powerful song and it is absolutely and unequivocally correct.

5 music notes *****

10.) The Creep by Lonely Island featuring Nicki Minaj


Lonely Island is my favorite comedy group, who is extremely creative and talented.  I don't even need to explain the meaning of it because it is so blatant.  This is a hilarious song and from time to time I walk around my house listening to it.   Props to Lonely Island for this hilarious hit!

4 music notes ****

No comments:

Post a Comment