Friday, September 23, 2011

Meditation Three

Hey everyone!  I'm sorry I haven't written for almost two weeks!  High school is...hard to describe.  One of my close friends said to me, "High school isn't even that big of a deal.  You just take care of business and get out."  Everyday, his words ring inside my head.  High school is an experience which is overwhelming, tiring, exhausting, mesmerizing, exciting, mind numbing, and nothing short of amazing.  In Biology, we have learned about the different levels of organization.  The definition of community is, "A group of species living together in one ecosystem."  High school is much the same.  We are each of a different species.  Yet, as most of us know, species coexist.  We have mutualism--- a relationship between different species where both individuals derive a benefit.  You might feel as if you are alone in high school.  You aren't though!  If you are yourself (I know, the repeated phrase), you will have friends. 
I can already tell that you are currently rolling your eyes and thinking, "This girl has no idea what she is talking about.  She is only a freshman.  High schools seems all great and amazing at the beginning, but her enthusiasm won't last long."  Well, you people better deal with the fact that what I say is true. BE CONFIDENT ABOUT YOURSELF!  I know, it doesn't sound very original.  Don't be someone you aren't.  Don't change yourself just so others can like you.  If someone doesn't like you because you don't have your hair a certain way or you suck at a particular sport, then they better just deal with it. 
I'm not saying that I don't have my moments of low self esteem.  I have them quite often.  I am affected by the smallest thing.  I overreact.  I'm not afraid to admit that.  I don't want you to be like me.  I want you to do the right thing for yourself. 
I have made so many friends in high school.  Just by having the simplest conversations.  A small joke made can create a laughter that goes on for ten minutes, and an observation can create discussions that last for much longer.  I truly need my friends.  They are part of the base of my support system.  If I didn't have friends, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.  So, I guess this is some passing thoughts I wanted to express.  They have been rattling around in my head for the past few days and, of course, I choose a Friday night to throw these thoughts at the Internet instead of doing my chorus essay.  (I guess I don't need to tell you I have a procrastination problem.)  
Conclusion:  Basically, I want all of you to be confident about yourselves.  Especially, if you're in high school.  Confidence can take you a long way.  I also would like to tell all of my close friends, thanks for being there for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment