Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dealing With Your Future (Meditation 2)

Currently, I do not know the age range of my readers.  You might be teenagers, like me.  You might be in your 20s, 30, 40s, and so on.  I have no idea really, who I am talking to.  So if there are people out there who wonder about their future, who read my blog posts, then we have something in common.  

I am always thinking about my future and how I could make my way in life.  I consider my characteristics, what I enjoy doing, and how I can leave a mark on the world.  I have thought about really working on this blog and making an impact on people as my job, architecture has been an idea, also singing or being an actress.  I am not able to make a decision though. 

We have all been asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  We are never sure of how to answer.  There is no direct answer.  Whenever I am asked this question, I give that person the whole list of what I would love to do.  The usual answer is, "Oh."  There are some smart people who tell me, "Well, it's good that you have many ideas of what you want to do.  You don't have to know right now what you want to do."  I do agree with that.  I don't have to know.  That doesn't stop me from wanting to, though.  

I am on Facebook and whenever there is the opportunity of taking a quiz which "tells" you what job you could do I don't hesitate in taking it.  I usually get the answer of teacher.  This is something I do not want to do.  I don't want to teach anyone.  I want to create, not teach what has been created.  

I keep telling myself that whatever classes I enjoy the most in high school might be a sign to what I could work with.  I went to a formal lunch with my parents and there was a woman there that I barely knew and she went up to me when we were leaving and gave me some advice that I think you should all know.  She told me that I would do well at whatever I did in life.  She saw in me that I would sometimes doubt myself and that I should never do that.  The advice she gave me was this: do things one day at a time.  Do not rush through things and thing too far ahead.  She said just approach each day and handle each challenge when it comes to you.  She meant don't think months ahead or years ahead.  So I try to stick to one week now, but its an old habit of mine to think ahead.   

No comments:

Post a Comment