Thursday, July 7, 2011

iPod Shufflings: Part 4

Part 4 here we are!  I just had the perfect idea for a logo for this blog post.  I just want to say it's not my logo, it's LMFAO's but I think it fits the blog.  And yes, I did change the blog design!  I wanted you guys to know a little bit more about me and I wasn't happy with my last template. 

So, in "The iPod Shufflings" I will press shuffle on my iPod and will write a review on the first ten songs.  I have all different genres of music on my iPod including a few classical and several Latin songs. 

I will rate the songs from 1 to 5.  

5 music notes: Yelling the lyrics on the street at the top of your lungs!
4 music notes: Singing to yourself quietly on the street.
3 music notes: Worth listening to a few times, but not over and over again.
2 music notes: Good at first, but became annoying.
1 music note:   Not good at all.


The Shuffling 


1.) I Get Around by the Beach Boys (From the album: The Beach Boys: Twenty Good Vibrations)


This is a song that is the perfect summer song, along with their other song "Kokomo."  They always created the perfect sound that had original lyrics and music.  I was surprised that they could reach those notes at the "oooooooh!!!" parts.  This is a really great summer fun song!

4 music notes ****

2.)  Glitter in the Air by P!nk (From the album: Funhouse)


In all of P!nk's songs that incorporates the piano makes me feel very calm and peaceful.  This one is a beautiful song that really makes me stop.  Her voice is beautiful in this song and I get this sense of pain when she sings it.  It almost has a touch of confusion when she is singing this song.  I love this song. 


3 music notes ***

3.) Kiss N Tell by Ke$ha (From the album: Animal)


In my opinion, this is the perfect song for the girl who's boyfriend cheated on her.  She says in this song that it was surprising that he was the one that cheated and that he shouldn't have gone and told his friends about it because she found out.  It is a very good song to dance to and it really shows how angry a girl can get if a boy cheats on her.  So, guys, if you get any ideas listen to this song.  

4 music notes ****

4.) All Shook Up by Elvis Presley (From the album: Elvis: 30 #1 Hits)


This is a classic song of the 50s.  I was doing a Social Studies project with my friends on the 50s and this song and Hound Dog were competing for being in the project.  Hound Dog was chosen because of its popularity but I keep this song on my iPod because you can't get rid of one of the king's most memorable songs.  

4 music notes ****

5.) Give Me Everything by Pitbull (feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack, and Nayer) (Single)


This is a definite party song.  I love Ne-Yo's voice, it is one of the few voices that is actual singing and not being auto-tuned.  Some of today's songs are very fun and there's not much to say about them; just like this one.  

3 music notes ***

6.) You're Beautiful by James Blunt (From the album: Back to Bedlam)


I love this song!  You've heard me say this so many times before.  This is about a man who saw a girl who was dating someone else and he isn't going to give up loving her.  The music video clears up this song's meaning.  He doesn't believe he will ever be able to be with her so he gives up all of his worldly possesions for her and commits suicide to show how much he loves her.  He says, "I don't know what to do, cuz I'll never be with you."  "But it's time to face the truth, I will never be with you."  It is extremely sad and it makes me want to give him a hug and tell him everything is okay.  This is a song that I sing constantly.  


5 music notes *****


7.) Animal by Ke$ha (From the album: Animal)



Wow, double hit of Ke$ha today!  This song is probably her best song yet.  I love the lyrics to this song and the way it starts is extremely different than her other songs.  "I am in love with what we are.  Not what we should be."  It is a song about letting your animal out and she believes in being what we are because we are most beautiful then. 

5 music notes *****


8.) Goodnight Goodnight by Maroon 5 (From the album: It Won't Be Soon Before Long)



This is about a fight between a boyfriend and girlfriend.  He apologizes for hurting her and he says that there are so many fights that they are loosing the connection they once had.  He wishes that they could fix it.  The lead singer sounds so apologetic and tired when he's singing this song.  It really impresses me.  


4 music notes ****


9.) Judas by Lady Gaga (Single)



This is a fantastic song which talks about Mary Magdalene having Jesus as a virtue, but she is slightly attracted to Judas, the demon she clings to.  She then ends of being stoned to death for committing blasphemy, I think...  I love songs that make me want to dance and this song is definitely one of them.   


5 music notes *****


10.) In the Next Room by Neon Trees (Single)


Neon Trees always sings without auto-tune and it is genuine singing.  It's about a guy who loves a girl so much that he wants to be with her so much that he wants to break through to the next room.  I sing it out loud whenever I hear it, at least in my head.  ;)

5 music notes ***** 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment