Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Apps for Living

I was messing around on my iPod yesterday, as usual, and I went to the App Store to see if there were any interesting apps to add to my iPod.  There was a section of apps entitled, "Apps for Living."  These apps were mainly for homeowners and people who pay bills.  Well, when I think of life, I don't see a pile of bills in front of me.  I see a lot more than that.  

I see friends gathering around laughing.  I see flowers growing.  I see a family getting together for Christmas, oops, I mean the "Holiday Season."  I don't see anything stressful, really.  That made me think, what if we actually had apps for life.  Not as in, apps for your iPod or iPhone, but actually apps that are in our head...or something like that.  There could be an app for our conscience.  You could adjust the settings for it.  Although you would need to give a password in order to lower the security of it.  Yeah, that would be hard when you are drunk at a bar wouldn't it?  It might stop us from making a lot of mistakes.   There would be an app for our feelings, too.  We could collect our feelings over time and reach different "achievement levels" in order to learn to control your emotions over time.  Another app would mark all of our achievements in life with the date and have photo and video clips to help us remember them.  Apps like these seem to be Apps for Living to me.    

Basically, I think living is more about enjoying life, living for the moment, and not freaking out about bills.  I do understand though, that life may seem pretty dreary right now because of all the things that are going wrong with the economy.  So, I think we should all just go have some coffee, lie down and read a good book, or get together with friends and hang out.   

I think the "app" for consciousness would look something like this I think.






The "app" for emotions might look like this.









I created this image.  I think this would be the third "app" of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment