Friday, August 19, 2011

FACEBOOK VIRUS!

Hey everyone!  I was planning on doing another VMA post today, but I was kind of thrown off by Facebook.  I was checking my Facebook as usual and a friend of mine popped up on IM and said, "Wanna have a laugh?"  I said, "ok."  Soon after I was sent a link and it said "tinyurl" in the address. I clicked on it and it took me to a site similar to YouTube and it said that Katherine H is in the lead.  Shocking!  It also looked like a bunch of my friends had commented.  I knew it was a fake YouTube site, but I thought that it might be a new app that plays a joke, not spreads a virus.  I tried to download the new version of Adobe Flash so I could see the video, but I couldn't.  Then on the side of the screen the computer said that there was a virus and I should reboot the computer I did and the computer spazzed out the first time.  I tried again and it said that the system was safe.  Every time I try to go into Facebook, it will not allow me to.  Mozilla Firefox, the browser I use, said that Facebook is possibly being impersonated and that I should not enter the site.  I didn't.  I am not sure how to fix the problem now so if any of you can help me, please comment!!  It has already spread to my mom's account.  Please help!  All of those internet safety lectures are coming back to mind now, aren't they?  Spread the news and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment